Groundwater Resource Assessments and Hydrogeological Support
The experience and expertise of our engineers and geoscientists enable WSP to provide environmentally sustainable cost effective strategies to complex situations and develop solutions that satisfy regulatory agencies resulting in the required approvals and permits necessary for project completion. Individual companies and government agencies alike have confidence in the capabilities of our specialists to address their needs, whether it involves measuring, modeling, assessing, designing or a combination of these approaches.
Our team at WSP understands that aggregate resource extraction is a regulated industry in Canada that requires a number of regulatory approvals, along with protection of the surrounding natural environment. Obtaining those approvals and ensuring protection of the surrounding groundwater and surface water resources, and natural ecological functions must be both well managed and cost-effective. WSP produces results in both areas.
WSP’s team of engineers and scientists, located throughout Canada, has the experience and qualifications to meet pre-and-post approval challenges, ongoing operational and compliance needs, and closure requirements. We offer numerous investigative and monitoring services in a variety of fields, to meet the needs of both the operators and regulators.
Projects are a synthesis of environmental, operational and financial objectives; they are also an extension of where we work and live. Together, we achieve the project objectives that will be part of our future community footprint.
Our services include:
- Groundwater Resource Assessments
- Hydrogeology Assessment Reports and Support
- Permits to take Water Coordination
- Water Balance Management
- Aggregate Resource Assessments
- Site Scoping and Constraint Mapping
- Coordination of License and Permit Applications
- Site Plan Design & Preparation
- Natural Environment and Noise Assessment Reports
- Transportation Studies
- Ontario Municipal Board Testimony
- Aggregate Raw Material and Product Testing
- Annual Pit & Quarry Compliance Assessment Reports (CARs)
- Operational Best Practices
- Site Rehabilitation Advice & Supervision
- Guidance for Government Policies & Regulations
- Numerical Model Simulations
- Environmental Compliance Approvals (CofA Air/Noise)
- Application Peer Review
- Water supply
- Land development impact management
- Contaminant hydrogeology
- Compliance monitoring
- Groundwater modeling
- Erosion and sedimentation control planning and inspection
- Incremental environmental effects assessment and quarry permits