In Canada, our team of seasoned experts is able to intervene swiftly in order to protect our clients’ interests and assets. When it comes to refinancing, real estate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and business transactions, our experts understand the importance of determining the environmental conditions of the sites and buildings in question. Our team includes engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, agrologist, chemists and biologists who have the scientific knowledge to predict the fate and behavior of contaminants in our environment. This knowledge allows us to work with our clients to identify solutions to their real property challenges.
WSP offers a complete range of site assessment and remediation services to institutional, private and public sector clients. Our services encompass all aspects of contamination with a focus on identification, delineation, remediation and site restoration. The team has conducted thousands of site assessment and remediation projects ranging from due-diligence property transfer assessments to complex remediation programs involving brownfields, railway lands, military bases, chemical plants, oil and gas production facilities and diverse manufacturing facilities.
We have professionals with accreditation in each province who can provide the necessary services to assess the potential for contamination in soil, groundwater and sediment. In Ontario, our Professionals are ‘qualified persons’ as defined by the local ministry and are able to file Records of Site Condition (Ontario and Alberta). With environmental services provided nationally WSP is able to provide solutions based on local knowledge and experience.
- Environmental site assessments/and contaminant characterizations (Phase One, Two and Three)
- Brownfield redevelopment
- Rehabilitation work management/supervision
- Environmental due diligence for acquisitions and divestitures
- Decommissioning of industrial, oil and gas and mining operations
- Managing demolition/deconstructions of buildings and industrial complexes
- Strategic planning for rehabilitation and reclamation solutions
- Support of our client’s legal advisors/provision of expert witness services in the event of disputes
- Treatability studies for contaminant management or remediation
- Remedial action planning
- Remediation project management
- Remediation design and system optimization services
- Permitting and regulatory liaison
- Decommissioning and removal of underground storage tanks
- Risk Assessment/Risk Management Plans
- Environmental Compliance Approvals
- Regulatory compliance audits/inspections
- Emergency Spill Response
- Contaminant hydrogeology