We have a highly qualified and experienced team of quality surveillance engineers, including subject matter experts in mechanical, electrical, welding materials and non-destructive testing. Our extensive knowledge across international manufacturers give us an in-depth understanding of complex quality issues.
Our activities involve surveillance visits, witness of stage inspections and tests at manufacturing locations, or on client sites during plant outages. We ensure conformity to approved inspection and test plans, technical specifications, international standards and industry best practice.
The benefits of procuring our services include access to our wealth of experience using our risk-based approach: to mitigate project quality risks to improve operational efficiency and reliability of equipment. We are able to identify risks which could be imported from suppliers, main contractors and subcontractors. There are many uncertainties with respect to the competence of manufacturers and their ability to achieve the contract delivery programme. Our involvement gives clients peace of mind to manage their project supply chain risks more effectively to reduce the likelihood of programme delay and equipment failure in service.
- Reviewing contractors’ and manufacturers’ quality plans and inspection and test plans
- Reviewing and approval of process procedures for welding, coating, non-destructive testing (NDT), mechanical and electrical testing
- Witnessing NDT inspections with our team of qualified NDT personnel
- Reviewing and approval of NDT operator qualifications and compiling a database of all procedures and qualifications to increase efficiency and traceability
- Attending pre-manufacturing meetings
- Monitoring quality performance and trends
- Discussing and agreeing interaction of activities with client and main contractors
- Executing site surveillance and vendor inspection activities
- Witnessing factory acceptance tests and type tests
- Reviewing inspection and test records
- Identifying and disposing of non-conformances
- Carrying out vendor capability and capacity assessments of suppliers and contractors
- Witnessing pre-commissioning and commissioning tests, handover of systems and as-built documentation
We have a highly qualified, experienced and flexible pool of resources, with auditors, inspecting engineers and specialists providing independent inspections, appraisals, training and development of quality management systems. Our global coverage has enabled us to build up local knowledge, provide cost savings and mitigate project risks for our clients. As we are independent of the project, we provide our clients with the confidence that we are protecting their interests, saving them time and money, and preserving their reputations.
We have worked at all levels within the global power industry, with owners, operators, main contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers and regulatory authorities. This has given us an extensive industry-specific knowledge of the technical and operational processes and procedural requirements.
Our factory inspection capability includes equipment supplied for energy projects such as fossil fuel, nuclear, hydro plants, onshore and offshore wind farms, oil and gas projects and transmission networks. We also provide support to the rail, highways, process industries and aviation sectors.
We are particularly proud of the fact that we receive a high level of repeat business from clients, showing that they recognise and value the benefits we bring to their business.